Foreign Exchange for Investment Managers
This programme will explore and explain the FX markets from both the sell side (banks) and buy side (corporate and asset managers) perspective.
FX trading strategies will be highlighted and discussed, and all terminology and jargon will be fully explained. No prior knowledge is assumed.
What will I get out of it?
- A practical introduction to the Foreign Exchange Markets, the products and the risks.
- A clear understanding the relationship between FX spot prices, forward rates and interest rates.
- Currency investment strategies based upon currency alpha, carry plays, relative value, and momentum based models.
- Historical summary, FX market growth, BIS data
- FX Risks for: Banks, Corporates, Fund Managers
- Different currency classifications: major, minor, crosses, emerging markets
Macroeconomics and Foreign Exchange
- What drives the market? Why do exchange rates move?
- Supply and Demand
- Long and short term influences
- Economic indicators, breaking news, uncertainty and rumour
- Government policy and intervention.
- Fundamentals and PPP
Mechanics of Foreign Exchange
- Timing, Procedures and practices
- Spot FX quotes
- Forward foreign exchange contracts
- Forward points, Premiums and discounts
- Currency Options overview
Foreign Exchange trading/investment strategies
- long/short strategies
- Carry plays,
- Relative value
- Momentum models
- FX order management
- Strategic vs Dynamic hedging strategies
As every course we run is tailored to meet the specific needs of each client, we can only provide an estimate after fully understanding your specific requirements. Please complete the form below of call +44 (0) 208 894 4977 to discuss how Taylor Associates can help you.